This is very good and easy! A different way to enjoy this is on a Boboli pizza crust--see Thai Chicken Pizza.
SPICY PEANUT SAUCE:
1. Bring 2-1/2 cups water to a boil in 2 qt saucepan. Meanwhile, begin step 2. When the water boils, add the rice, cover the pan, and remove from the heat until ready to serve.
2. If the chicken is frozen, run it under hot water so you can remove any packaging. Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate and microwave 2 minutes, uncovered, on high, to begin defrosting. Meanwhile, make the Peanut sauce and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Cut the chicken into short strips about 1/2 inch wide, adding them to the skillet as you cut. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. While the chicken cooks, cut the scallions into 1/4-inch slices, using the white and enough of the tender green tops to make 3/4 cup; drain the bamboo shoots, and chop the peanuts. Set each aside.
5. When the chicken is no longer pink, add the scallions, bamboo shoots, peanuts, soy sauce, sherry, and sugar. Stir well, then add the Peanut Sauce and stir well again. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice.