For the Marinade:
1. Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a shallow container. Add the pork chops and coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling.
2. To prepare the Asian slaw, crush the rice noodles and then cover them with the shredded purple cabbage under cold water in a colander and squeeze in a paper towel to keep it from bleeding. Combine with the green cabbage, scallions and sesame seeds.
3. Combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well with the noodle and cabbage mixture. Let rest, chilled, for several hours or refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, toss with the almonds and the chopped mint.
4. Oil the grill rack and cook the chops for about 6 minutes per side over hot coals, 3 inches from the heat source, brushing with the leftover marinade.
5. To serve, place equal portions of the slaw in the center of 6 dinner plates, with a pork chop resting alongside. Garnish each with a sprig of mint. or you can thinly slice each pork chop and fan it over the slaw, then garnish with a mint sprig. Serve immediately.