1. Bring 2-1/2 qts of unsalted water to a boil in a covered 4 qt or larger Dutch oven or soup pot. When the water reaches a rapid boil, add the pasta and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until browned, about 4 minutes. While the bacon cooks, peel and coarsely chop the onion. Set aside.
3. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. (If not using turkey bacon, drain off some fat.) Heat the oil in the same skillet and add the onion, garlic and oregano. Raise the heat to medium and cook to soften the onion, 3 minutes. Meanwhile, crumble the bacon, chop it, and set aside.
4. Add the clams with their juice and the peas. Raise the heat to high and boil 2 minutes. Add the half 'n half and reduce the heat to low. Cook 2 minutes to heat the liquid, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and bacon and cook to melt the cheese, 2 minutes more. Season with pepper.
5. Drain the pasta and place some on each serving dish, top with the clam sauce, and enjoy.
From Desperation Dinners by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross.