Chunky Salsa Chili
- 1 lb. beef boneless chuck, tip or round steak
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 jars (16 oz. Each) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (I used ones with green chilies)
- 1 medium bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (15 – 16 oz) cannellini navy beans, drained
1. Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into ½-inch pieces. Mix all ingredients except bell pepper and beans in 3 ½ - 4 quart Crock-Pot slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in bell pepper and beans. Uncover and cook on high heat setting about 30 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender. 6-8 servings.
From Cheap. Fast. Good! by Bevery Mills and Alicia Ross, authors of Desperation Dinners!